ACMT performs repair, modification and inspection of gas turbine components and accessories for military and commercial aviation. ACMT is capable of accomplishing overhaul to most Fan Module and Low Pressure Compressor static components across several major engine manufacturers.
Collaborating with our customers, ACMT is agile enough to react to changes happening within the MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul) market and to better prepare to support the newer engine programs as they mature.
From the traditional ‘metallic’ parts that require weld repairs, heat treatment, Chrome or Nickel Plate repairs through dimensional restoration using either powder or dual wire arc ‘Plasma’, Machining, Blending and detail replacement (dis-assembly and assembly), ACMT also has diversified into the Overhaul and Repair of Composite parts that require patching, bonding, molding/casting.
Composite parts often are made from Fiberglass, Kevlar, Carbon Fiber, FRP (Fiber Reinforced Plastic), Graphite, Thermosets and Thermoplastics and in some cases are a bonded assembly with a honeycomb core, leading edge protection and/or mounting hardware.
ACMT has several Clean Rooms to handle the different materials preventing any cross contamination of the various silicones, urethanes and epoxies used during the repair process.
MRO Services cover the following engine types
- CF6-80A, CF6-80C2, CF6-80E
- CFM56-5A, CFM56-5B, CFM56-5C, CFM56-7
- Industrial – Capability listing upon request
- Military – Capability listing upon request
- Rolls Royce – Capability being developed
- V2500-A1, V2500-A5, V2500-D5
MRO Component Services typically handles
- Compressor Inlet Cone (Forward and Aft Segments) / Spinner
- Fan Module
- Front Fan Case (Containment Case)
- Fan Exit Outer / Inner Case
- Fan Exit / Outlet Guide Vanes
- Acoustic Liners
- Ice Impact Panels
- Bleed Duct
- Fan Exit / Outlet Guide Vanes
- Fan Exit Rear Case / Mid-Case
- Fan Frame Shroud
- Fan Frame
- Bearing and Seal Supports
- Bearing Nuts
- Fan Exit Fairing / Splitter
- LPC Stator Assemblies
- LPC Stator Segment Assemblies
- LPC Shrouds
- Dimensional Restoration
- Nickel Plate
- Chrome Plate
- Plasma Spray and Dual Wire Arc
- Protective Surface Coating
- Electroless Nickel
- Tedlar Film Application
- Anti-gall / Anti-seize application
- Anodize / Alodine
- Helicoil Insert
- Clinch Nuts
- Gang nut channels
- Special Processes
- Composite to metal
- Composite to composite
- Metal to metal
- Silicone Abradable – Airseal
- Silicone Abradable – Rubstrip
- Composite – Laminate Repair
- Composite – Foreign Object Damage – Patch Repair
- Composite – Replacement of damaged or missing section
ACMT Aligns with the OEM on the Repair.
Typical MRO repair workscope is based on our customers purchase orders that detail what repairs, service bulletins and inspections are required. In some cases, the customer will request a workscope whereby ACMT will inspect the part to the current FAA approved technical data (typically the OEM published Engine Manual). Post inspection, ACMT will the detail the necessary workscope and replacement hardware required to return the component or assembly to a Return to Service condition.
Any part found to be outside of the current FAA approved data or Air Carriers approved maintenance program will be submitted to either the OEM Repair Group for either EA, OTC or CDR consideration or to the Air Carrier for their review and approval. In most cases a workscope is suggested and formatted to mimic our customer’s format so it can be easily adopted in to the maintenance systems.
As an alternative, ACMT will develop and approve under RS-DER authority a unique repair to address a condition that is not covered in other approved documentation in order to prevent premature retirement from service of your components. Each part will be evaluated in order to ensure the integrity of the part and the safety of all concerned before a RS-DER is considered.
RS-DER repairs, the use of PMA replacement details, may be suggested to the customer as an alternative but never implemented or included in any repair without prior customer approval.
ACMT holds FAA and EASA Repair Station Certification and will issue a FAA Form 8130-3, EASA Form 1 or Dual Release based on specific customer requirements
Single Component Service
A traditional purchase order per-part repair service which satisfies most client requirements.
Integrated Component Systems
A system that meets our customer’s needs for long-term agreement for overhaul and repair parts and can handle module disassembly, cleaning and inspection, and the overhaul of the modules components. This system can also handle transportation and logistics.
Total Component Solutions
A complete customization solution for our clients:
- Transportation and Logistics
- Component or Assembly Overhaul
- Inventory Management
- Unrepairable Component Replacement
The ACMT Advantage
- Innovative, Smart, Fast Lean Manufacturing through investment in New High Output Equipment
- Increasing In-House Capability
- Collaborating in Long Term Agreements, Providing Cost Avoidance Solutions
- ACMT now brings together all facets of a Service Industry and offers three levels of service for our Overhaul & Repair clients.
Looking for lower price & shorter lead times while maintaining the same quality? Call 860-645-0592 or contact us.