Located in Manchester, CT, ACMT, Inc. has over 30 years of experience as a world class aerospace manufacturing company. ACMT, Inc is looking for an innovative Engineer to join our growing Engineering team!
Develops new, innovative and efficient manufacturing processes in accordance with customer provided specifications and blueprints and supports the successful implementation of new processes on the production floor. Works with plant management to support production associates and improve equipment, processes, and production flow. Works to streamline and automate processes with a hands-on approach to troubleshooting technical issues and is responsible for identifying and driving manufacturing continuous improvement initiatives. Must be capable of functioning in a collaborative team atmosphere and communicates effectively with others.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (include but are not limited to)
- Act as the prime interface into the Product Development Process ensuring that the requirements of the facility (e.g. Processes, Equipment, and Software) are delivered out of the new product development programs including:
- Develop operation and or work instruction sheets in both CAD and MRP systems
- Creation of BOM and process routings in MRP systems
- Programing of CNC production equipment
- Programming of CMM
- Develop of fixtures and gages.
- Develop and coordinate tooling for sheet metal fabrication
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day maintenance & upgrade of all equipment within the production area, and associated work instructions and processes.
- Incorporate engineering change orders and process improvements
- Supports the successful integration of new capital equipment into the production area & provides recommendations for future capital & equipment expenditure to operations Management.
- Maintains strong communication and relationship with the manufacturing team
- Drive continuous improvement efforts related to lean manufacturing
- Work with management to achieve strategic mission through manufacturing engineering improvements
- Maintain Health & Safety in the Workplace Standards.
- Work collaboratively with other ACMT functional leadership
- Analyze problems, account for variances, drive to root cause and implement improvement methods and procedures
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be a “team player” with strong interpersonal skills (ability to communicate well with front line operators, engineers, and management) Epicor knowledge preferred, Microsoft Suite proficiency required
- Relentless drive for continuous improvement
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Manufacturing or Mechanical (extensive experience and strong performance may substitute for 4 year degree).
- Experience with sheet metal forming processes including tool design desired
- Acquainted with the usage of basic metrology tools
- Ability to read and interpret specifications, to support the introduction of new product and repairs and maintenance of machinery or equipment
- Experience in continuous improvement or ‘lean’ methodology is desired, including; Process Mapping, 5S etc.
- Ability to read blueprints
- Proficient in GDT (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance)
- Understanding and application of SPC
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read/write work instructions, specifications
- Proficient in navigation of MRP system (Epicor preferred)
- Experience with CAD/CAM (Key Creator, Solidworks, Unigraphics NX, Master-Cam, Camworks)
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Must be able to work standing up for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift items weighing up to 30 lb.
- Employee works primarily in an office environment, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Must comply with all proper ISO9001 requirements
- Minimal travel requirements
- Must be a United State citizen and legally eligible to work in the United States.
It is the policy of ACMT, Inc. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, disability, qualified veteran status, or other protected class status.
Download Job Application
Once you’ve completed the application please save it and send to Kelley Delaney-Scott,
Human Resources Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.